Sausage rolls is a type of savoury pastry very popular here in New Zealand as well as Australia. Basically it is sausage meat wrapped in puff pastry then baked until golden brown.
- 400g good sausage meat
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- handful parsley, chopped
- ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- bread crumbs
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place sausage meat in mixing bowl then combine together with parsley, onion and freshly ground black pepper.
- Unroll puff pastry and place an amount of sausage mixture in the middle of the pastry. Tightly roll the pastry around the meat mixture then seal the ends.
- Brush top with beaten eggs.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill, this makes it easier to individually slice.
- Slice into 1 inch pieces and bake in a 200C pre heated oven for 25 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.