Panna cotta means cooked cream in Italian, a dessert made by simmering cream, milk and sugar then mixing it with gelatine and cooled down to set. Usually served with wild berries, caramel, chocolate sauce or fruit coulis this Italian dessert is one of the easiest desserts to make.
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tsp unflavoured gelatine
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tbsp water
- fresh blueberries
- In a bowl mix together milk and gelatine, set aside.
- In a saucepan mix together cream and sugar, place in stove top bring it to a boil then lower to simmering heat.
- Pour milk mixture over into the sauce pan then give it a good mix then turn heat off.
- Pour into 6 small ramekin dishes or dessert glass then let it cool, refrigerate until set.
- In a blender mix all Berry Toppings ingredients together except for blueberries and cornstarch.
- Pour blended mixture in a sauce pan and bring it to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes then add the cornstarch mixture. Continue to simmer until berry sauce thickens.
- Remove sauce from heat then let it cool, once cooled down pour on top of set panna cotta then top it with blueberries, refrigerate for 3 more hours before serving.