This Chicken, Lychees, Grapes and Pineapple Red Curry is the best curry I tried so far! Trust me on that statement as this concoction is simply phenomenal, the mixture of fruity sweetness, tanginess, savoury and spiciness is a perfect harmony.
- 800g chicken breast, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple cubes
- 1 1/2 cups lychees, pitted
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 2–3 tbsp red curry paste (add more if you want it hotter)
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1–2 tbsp brown sugar or sweetener of choice
- fish sauce or sea salt
- coconut oil
- In a large wok add coconut oil then sauté shallots.
- Add red curry paste and stir fry until very fragrant.
- Add chicken pieces and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour 3 cups of coconut milk bring it to a boil then simmer in medium to medium-high heat for 15 minutes, liquid should be reduced by half and thicker at this stage.
- Add the remaining coconut milk, capsicum, pineapple, lychees and grapes simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes then simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Add sugar/sweetener if sweetness is not enough (the taste you are looking after is sweet, spicy and savoury) then season with fish sauce/sea salt.
- Serve garnished with coriander.