This Beef and Chinese Broccoli is a really nice variation to the common beef and broccoli especially if you love green leafy vegetables.
- 500g beef tenderloin, cut in thin strips
- 1 bunch Kai-lan
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp Chinese wine
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp tapioca starch
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc shallot, thinly sliced
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- peanut oil
- sesame oil
- In a pot boil water with oil and pinch of salt.
- Once boiling add kai-lan quickly cook for 60-90 seconds. Drain, rinse with cold running water then set aside.
- Mix beef with cornstarch, 2 tbsp Chinese wine, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Heat up the wok in high heat add oil and sauté garlic and shallots.
- Add the beef and quickly stir fry, still in high heat.
- Mix together water, tapioca starch, oyster sauce, soy sauce and Chinese wine. Pour mixture into the wok and bring to a boil
- Add kai-lan, then mix to evenly distribute sauce then turn heat off. Serve.