I don’t know how did Coca Cola Chicken dish become Chinese but it is, would you believe? The first time I found about this one is from my French Colleague when one time he had this for lunch, apparently he have someone living with him who is Chinese and loves to cook, he was offered this dish and brought it to office.
- 700g chicken wings
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 cup Coca-Cola
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken wings and 2 tbsp soy sauce in a large bowl, let it marinate for at least 1 hour.
- In a wok add oil then brown chicken wings.
- Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Pour the coke, remaining soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine then bring it to a simmer. Cook in medium heat while occasionally turning over chicken pieces until liquid is reduced to a glaze.
- Add some spring onions to the wok then stir. Season with freshly ground black pepper then serve.