This simple Crispy Fried Snapper is one of the simplest life’s pleasure, just serve it with hot rice and some hot and spicy soy dipping sauce.
- Whole snapper
- freshly ground black pepper
- lots of oil for deep frying
Soy Sauce Dip
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 birds eye chillies, chopped with seeds
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Score snapper multiple times 2 cm apart on each side. Rub with salt and freshly ground black pepper and make sure season between the scores. Set it aside.
- In a large wok add enough oil for deep frying fish, once oil is very hot drop the fish one at a time. Maintain heat to medium high.
- Prepare you sauce ingredients my mixing all Soy Sauce Dip ingredients.
- Deep fry until both sides of fish is golden brown in colour. You can also notice that the bones that are visible from the scores turn golden brown; once this is achieved you can now remove your fish from the oil and place it in a dripping pan to remove excess oil.
- Once cooled down, serve with dipping sauce.