Adobong Kangkong is a dish made out of Kangkong (Water Spinach) prepared the adobo way. Adobo in Tagalog is a cooking technique where meats and vegetables are cooked and simmered in a soy sauce and vinegar, common meats used are chicken and pork but there are several variations where beef and lamb was used. Vegetables are also used like this post and string/long beans.
- 400g pork belly, sliced into small cubes
- 1 bunch kangkong (water spinach), cut into 2 inch long pieces
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 pc bay leaf
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp crispy fried garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
- Season pork with salt then set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a wok add oil then cook pork pieces until brown on all sides.
- Add garlic then sauté until very fragrant.
- Add water, sauce, vinegar and bay leaf, bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add kangkong and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve topped with crispy fried garlic.