Three Cups Chicken or Sanbeiji is another popular Chinese cuisine dish made out of chicken cooked in soy sauce, rice wine and sesame oil. A dish that originated in Jiangxi province of China now a specialty of Taiwan.
- 1 kg chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice wine
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- 1/2 thumb sized ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 pcs red peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- handful of Thai basil
- In a wok add sesame oil then sauté garlic, ginger and pepper
- Add chicken and brown on all sides in high heat.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine and sugar then bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, add water if the sauce dries out.
- Turn heat to high then add Thai basil, cook for 3 more minutes until sauce nearly dries out.