Miso soup perhaps is the most popular Japanese dish as you can see this served on almost every Japanese restaurant, it is a soup that consists of miso paste and dashi along with other ingredients such as tofu, komboku and negi.
- 3 1/2 cups dashi
- 1 tbsp dried wakame, rehydrated (soaked in water)
- 3 tbsp miso (use any miso or combination)
- small tofu block, sliced into small cubes
- chopped spring onions
- In a saucepan add dashi and bring it to a boil.
- Add the wakame then simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the miso and tofu, simmer but do not boil. Serve garnished with spring onions.