Bread pudding is a dessert or snack item made out of stale bread mixed with milk, eggs, spices and dried fruits. A popular dish in several European countries like France, Ireland, Great Britain, Belgium as well as Latin and South American countries such as Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Argentina.
- 7 slices stale bread
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- additional butter for toppings
- Break bread into small pieces then place on a baking pan together with the raisins.
- Drizzle over the melted butter over bread.
- Mix together eggs, evaporated milk, water, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over bread making sure all bread pieces are soaked with the liquid.
- Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve while hot with butter on top.