- 350 g butter, at room temperature
- 350 g sugar
- 20 g lemon flavor
- 5 eggs
- 275 g all-purpose flour
- 120 g corn starch
- 10 g baking powder
- 250 g powdered sugar
- 7 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 355 F (180 C).
- Beat the butter on medium speed until smooth.
- Add sugar and lemon flavor while stirring on low speed.
- Add the eggs one by one and incorporate completely.
- Sift the flour, starch and baking powder together. Stir into the mixture in two portions by briefly stirring until just about incorporated.
- Grease a jelly roll or brownie pan and line it with paper. This step is very important as the cake has a tendency to stick to the pan more than others.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Sift the powdered sugar into a bowl and mix with the lemon juice. It should be smooth, but not runny. Apply to the cake as hot as possible after you’ve taken it out of the pan.