Som tam is a Thai dish made out of young papaya, long beans, tomatoes, roasted nuts and dried shrimps in a sweet sour and salty dressing made out of chillies lime and fish sauce.
- 1 medium sized green papaya, julienned
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp dried shrimp
- 8 long red chillies, sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp raw sugar or any sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts, ground
- 3 strands long beans, sliced
- Add 2 tbsp of oil in a small pan then fry dried shrimps until very fragrant. Separate shirmps with oil, set both aside.
- Mix together garlic, lime juice, fish sauce, brown sugar and oil from fried shrims in a bowl.
- Add papaya, tomatoes, chillies, dried shrimp, long beans and peanuts. Mix well then serve.