One of my favourite creations this Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake is made out of Oreo crust, cheesecake filling infused with crushed Ferrero Rocher and topped with melted Nutella and chocolate shavings
- 2 cups crushed Oreo, fillings removed
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 pcs 250 g packs cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 250 g fresh cream, chilled
- 4 tsp unflavoured gelatine
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 6 pcs Ferrero Rocher, roughly chopped
- Combine 2 cups crushed Oreo and 3 tbsp butter, make sure it’s mixed well and butter is evenly spread throughout the crushed crackers, press it in a 9 in pie pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 10 minutes (this makes the crust more firm, but you can omit this process if you wanted to)
- Chill in fridge for around 20 minutes.
- Place softened cream cheese and sugar in a bowl together; using an electric mixer beat the cheese until thoroughly mixed and creamy.
- Dissolve gelatine in hot water then let it cool for a while. Once cooled down add into the cream cheese mixture, continue to beat until mixture becomes fluffy.
- Whip the fresh cream until light and fluffy, add whipped cream and 6 chopped Ferrero Rocher into the cream cheese mixture, then fold until it’s evenly mixed.
- Pour over the prepared crust.
- Place 1/2 cup Nutella, 3 tbsp cream and 2 tsp butter in a double boiler, stir until sauce becomes runny. You can also do this in the microwave by heating it for 30 seconds, removing it from the microwave and mixing them, repeat the process until everything is dissolved and well combined.
- Drizzle melted Nutella on top then serve. Top it with the Ferrero Rocher and chopped nuts. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.