One of my favourite creations this Ferrero Rocher Cheesecake is made out of Oreo crust, cheesecake filling infused with crushed Ferrero Rocher and topped with melted Nutella and chocolate shavings
- 2 cups crushed Oreo
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 x 250g packs cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups thickened cream or whipped cream, chilled
- 4 tsp unflavoured gelatine
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 6 pcs Ferrero Rocher, roughly chopped
- Combine 2 cups crushed Oreo and 3 tbsp unsalted butter, make sure it’s mixed well and butter is evenly spread throughout the crushed crackers, press it in a 9 in pie pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 10 minutes (this makes the crust more firm, but you can omit this process if you wanted to)
- Chill in fridge for around 20 minutes.
- Place softened cream cheese and sugar in a bowl together; using an electric mixer beat the cheese until thoroughly mixed and creamy.
- Dissolve gelatine in hot water then let it cool for a while. Once cooled down add into the cream cheese mixture, continue to beat until mixture becomes fluffy.
- Now add thickened cream and 6 chopped Ferrero Rocher, then fold until it’s evenly mixed.
- Pour over the prepared crust.
- Top it with the Ferrero Rocher and chocolate shavings. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
- Place 4 heaping tbsp Nutella, 2 tbsp confectioners sugar and 2-3 tbsp milk in a double boiler, stir until sauce becomes runny add more milk if required.
- Before serving drizzle melted Nutella on top then serve.