Martabak Manis Coklat Keju
- 1/2 tbsp yeast
- 1 cup warm coconut milk
- 1 cup bread flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp margarine (and more for brushing pan and pancake – best if you have Indonesian Blue Band or Wijsman Dutch butter!)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp water
Possible Filling Combinations
- Condensed milk
- Peanuts (crushed)
- Chocolate rice ( Ceres brand if you can find it)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, mix yeast with warm coconut milk and let it sit for 10 minutes or until bubbles form.
- In a large bowl, sift sugar, salt and bread flour.
- Mix in coconut milk mixture and allow to rise for 1-2 hours in a warm place. You should be able to see a lot of holes forming on the top.
- Beat eggs with melted margarine. (make sure the margarine is not hot so it does not cook the eggs)
- To the egg mixture, add baking soda dissolved in water and mix well.
- Combine egg mixture with coconut milk mixture, beating for about 30 seconds on medium / low speed until well blended.
- Preheat the skillet or griddle with LOW HEAT. Grease the pan and sides with a little margarine. Pour the batter, cover and cook until you can see bubbles start to form. This will take approximately 10-15 minutes or until top is full of holes. Ensure that your heat is LOW so that the skin doesn’t burn. The level of the batter should not exceed half the height of the skillet.
- Spread margarine on top and finally sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese, chocolate and sweetened condensed milk. Remove from the pan and fold it in half immediately like the shape of a semicircle. This will prevent the cake from cracking.
- Spread the outer surface with margarine to keep the cake moist. Best served warm!
Heavily modified from Ny Prudianti Tedjokusuma – 525 Kumpulan Resep Mak Nyusss!