Barley Drink or Barley water is a beverage made out of boiled barley flavoured with lemon and sugar. A traditional British soft drink which is commonly home-made and also commercially available with different flavours to choose from.
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1/2 cup candied wintermelon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 litre water
- 2 strips pandan leaves, tied into a knot
- lemon slices
- In a pot add barley, pandan leaves and water. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until barley is soft.
- Add sugar and candied wintermelon, simmer for 15 more minutes.
- Discard pandan and candied wintermelon then serve with slice of lemon, enjoy cold, warm or hot.