- 3 (15 oz/420g) ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup (75g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup (60ml) water
- Combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, egg, and water in a large bowl. Mix till a smooth batter forms. Stir in mashed bananas. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, heat about 1 inch deep oil. Gently lower a ladleful batter into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, turning once. It only takes about 2 to 3 minutes. Two or three pieces may be fried at the same time but do not overcrowd pan.
- Remove and place on a wire strainer.
- Serve immediately.