- 1 slightly rounded teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110°)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sprouted wheat flour
- In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm water and honey. Let stand for 5 minutes to soften.
- Stir in olive oil, then add the salt and 1 cup of the flour. With a heavy-duty mixer or large spoon, mix until dough is elastic, about 5 minutes. Let dough rest 20 minutes.
- Mix-in the remaining flour until dough forms a soft ball of dough. Although the dough will be more shaggy than regular flour dough, if it appears to be too soft for won’t hold its shape, add a couple tablespoons more flour. Lightly oil a medium bowl, place dough in bowl; turn dough to grease top. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and then cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 1 hour).