Almond Toffee Pretzels

Almond Toffee Pretzels

Before we had made some Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels, it was a huge success and did not last a day in our kitchen, today we had those cravings again so we will be making some pretzels but with a slight variation and use Almond toffee as the flavour.  This was inspired by the almond toffee of Auntie Anne’s its soft and chewy it’s everything you want in a pretzel.

clock clock icon cutlery cutlery icon flag flag icon folder folder icon instagram instagram icon pinterest pinterest icon facebook facebook icon print print icon squares squares icon

Almond Toffee Pretzels

• 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp butter + some for topping, melted
  • 1/4 cup baking soda
  • 2 cups water, hot
  • 1 cup roughly chopped almonds
  • butter

1. In a bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 tsp white sugar in warm water, set aside for 15 minutes.
  2. In a separate bowl combine flour, 1/2 cup soft brown sugar, and salt. Make a well in the centre the then pour the yeast mixture and the melted butter. Using hand, mix until it forms a dough, remove from bowl then knead until dough is smooth. Place in a lightly greased bowl then cover with plastic wrap. Let it rise in a warm place for about an hour.
  3. Divide the dough into 12 pieces then in a non-stick surface (not floured it will be hard to work out in a floured surface) roll each dough into a long rope and form it into a pretzel shape. Set aside.
  4. In a bowl add baking soda and hot water.
  5. Mix together 1 cup soft brown sugar and almonds then place on a large plate.
  6. Dip each pretzel shaped dough in the baking soda solution.
  7. Drench pretzels in almond sugar mixture then place in a lightly greased baking pan.
  8. Bake in a 220C preheated oven for 8 minutes.
  9. Remove from oven, spread some butter on top then serve.

No Responses

1. nors says:

Ang lupit mo talaga idol… Auntie annes ng megamall yan pre ha….

2. Those look delicious.

3. Karen says:

Those pretzels are something that everyone would love.

4. Michelle says:

Divine! (I admit it: I’ve had those at Auntie Anne’s. I try not to eat chain stuff and seldom do. But sometimes one finds oneself in an airport and it seems the best of a lot of bad options.)

5. three things I adore- almonds, pretzels, and most of all TOFFEE! My teeth might not like toffee, but I sure love it!

WOW – these look SO VERY GOOD! Huge fan of almond toffee, actually – anything toffee; therefore, these pretzels sound fabulous!

7. This is a delicious treat and with almond toffee… it’s even better. I’ll have this with a cup of tea. Have a good weekend, Raymund!

8. Wow! I’m so impressed you made them from scratch! Great flavour combo too I thought.

9. i love almonds.. good choice for flavor in my opinion.. 🙂

Oh my gosh, almond toffee pretzels sounds like a winning combination. I’m so impressed that your made pretzels from scratch.

These wouldn’t last in our house!

12. These sweet and soft pretzels are some of my very favorite snacks. I get them everyday I visit a mall. I am so excited to see this recipe! I will definitely give this a recipe a try. Thank you!

13. m&m says:

yum! I love this idea– salty and sweet is the best combo…

14. Ooh sweet and soft pretzels – one of my favourite snacks !

15. kberesford says:

These look amazing! I might just try them this weekend….:)

16. Love these! Repinned! The toffee all melty and gooey and amazing…mmm, want them!