- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne, plus more to taste
- 3 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp. confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Set a medium mesh sieve over a medium bowl. Use the back of a wooden spoon to push 1 cup of the blackberries and cayenne powder through the sieve, smearing the berries back and forth across the mesh until only seeds and pulp remain. Scrape any puree from the bottom of the sieve. Whisk the brown sugar and lime juice into the puree.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cream, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla and beat and high speed until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the blackberry mixture into glass dessert bowls or cups and top with the remaining blackberries.
Recipe adapted from Fine Cooking Magazine.