Guest Post : Caroline from Sweet Caroline’s Cooking featuring Blackberry Fool
Today and the next coming Mondays and Fridays in the next two months we will be featuring some of my favourite food bloggers for the first time here at Ang Sarap. These bloggers are exceptional and served as a big influence of what is Ang Sarap now. So please do visit and follow every one of them and I will assure you that you won’t be disappointed.
For today our guest will be Caroline from Sweet Caroline’s Cooking.
Caroline is one of the oldest blogs that I followed in this guest post series and I am enjoying every bit of it since day one because of her stories, photos and most important of all is that most of her recipes are totally new to me. I barely see a recipe that I had already tried in her articles and the ones I liked most are her salads, pasta and even the healthy dishes that she is offering, the recipes looks good and definitely yummy (I tried several recipes from this blog). Like me Caroline may not have proper culinary qualifications of our earlier guests but the recipes created and posted are as par with them which is a good enough qualification of a real foodie where the secret ingredient is your love and passion for cooking so without further ado let’s all welcome Caroline.
Hi everyone! Caroline from Sweet Caroline’s Cooking here. I’m beyond ecstatic that Raymund asked me to guest post. His blog continues to impress me with his unique recipes, stunning photography and interesting food facts. I’m also impressed by his adventurous taste buds, considering I’m a relatively picky eater–weird for a food blogger, right? I won’t get into my dislike of chocolate…
Anyways, I’m a music publicist by day, and a food blogger by, well, whenever I find extra time! I started blogging almost two years ago after being convinced by family and friends. Blogging has not only allowed me to improve my skills in the kitchen, but it has also introduced me to some pretty fantastic people. I was actually able to meet some fellow bloggers in person a few months ago at an event–they were just as kind and genuine as I expected they’d be. All cheesiness aside, it’s meeting these people (online or in person) from around the world that motivates me to continue blogging and sharing my passion for cooking with others.
On to my post–since I’ve been on a bit of a health kick and haven’t made dessert in ages (weird), I decided to make this simple blackberry fool. The addition of cayenne adds just the right amount of kick to juxtapose the sweetness of the blackberry syrup and whipped cream. Enjoy!
- 1½ cups fresh blackberries
- ¼ tsp. cayenne, plus more to taste
- 3 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1½ tbsp. confectioner's sugar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Set a medium mesh sieve over a medium bowl. Use the back of a wooden spoon to push 1 cup of the blackberries and cayenne powder through the sieve, smearing the berries back and forth across the mesh until only seeds and pulp remain. Scrape any puree from the bottom of the sieve. Whisk the brown sugar and lime juice into the puree.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the cream, confectioner's sugar and vanilla and beat and high speed until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the blackberry mixture into glass dessert bowls or cups and top with the remaining blackberries.