Guest Post : Yudith from Blissfully Delicious featuring Oyster Sauce Chicken with Bok-Choy
Every Mondays and Fridays of June and July we will be featuring some my favourite food bloggers for the first time here at Ang Sarap. These bloggers are exceptional and served as a big influence of what is Ang Sarap now, so please do visit and follow everyone of them (if you haven’t yet) and I will assure you that you won’t be disappointed.
Today we will be featuring Yudith from Blissfully Delicious.
Yudith is a Chemical Engineer by degree, Labour relations by career and a chef definitely at heart. I see her as a real good pastry chef as the things she always bake never failed to make me hungry or drool just look at these sweet treats, that’s just a sample of what you can see from here blog. Having said that her cooking skill is also amazing like me she cooks a wide array of international selection from Indonesian, Korean, Thai, Mexican and much more. So without further ado let’s all welcome Yudith!
Here is a little bit about myself: I’m an Indonesian-born American of Chinese descent living in Iowa, US. I love to travel and try new food; and started to cook more when I moved to Iowa six years ago. My blog has chronicled all of the recipes that I have tried at home as I started to spend more time in the kitchen.
- 6 boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch cubes
- Pinch salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 heaping teaspoon Guilin chili sauce (I used Sambal Oelek)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced into coins
- 1 tablespoon Shaohsing rice wine
- 4 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 baby bok choy, white parts cut into 1-inch pieces leaving green parts whole
- 2 large scallions, thinly sliced
- For the chicken: In a large bowl, sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Add the cornstarch and toss to coat.
- For the sauce: In another smaller bowl, combine the stock, cornstarch, oyster sauce, soy sauce and chili sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- For the stir-fry: Heat a wok over high heat and, when the wok starts to smoke, add the peanut oil. Add the ginger and stir-fry for a few seconds. Then add the chicken, let settle for 1 minute, and then stir-fry for 3 minutes more. As the chicken starts to turn opaque, add the rice wine and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Stir in the reserved sauce and bring to a boil. Add the mushrooms and bok choy stalks and cook for 1 minute. Then stir in the bok choy leaves and cook for another minute. Remove from the heat and stir in half the scallions. Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with the remaining scallions and serve immediately.