- 200g butter, softened
- 200g caster sugar
- 100g ground almonds
- 200g self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 200g boysenberries
- 30g flaked almonds
- icing sugar , to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease and flour 20cm loose-bottomed cake tin.
- In a large bowl beat together with an electric whisk the butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and beat in between each addition.
- Add the ground almonds and almond extract and beat into the mixture.
- Stir in the flour with a metal tablespoon till completely combines.
- Spread 1/3 of the mixture over the base of the cake tin.
- Scatter the boysenberries over the cake mix then carefully spread the rest of the cake mixture over the berries.
- Scatter the top of the cake with flaked almonds.
- Bake for 45mins until golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Cool before removing from the tin and dust with icing sugar to serve.