- 4 pcs medium sized Squid, well cleaned
- sea salt
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- Rub salt on squid inside and out then set it aside.
- Mix together soy sauce, 1 cup water, ginger, garlic, shallot and sugar in a sauce pan. Place in medium heat then simmer.
- Mix cornstarch with 1/2 cup of water and then pour it in the sauce pan, simmer sauce until thickened.
- Make several scores halfway through to the squid on one side, add pour some oil then start grilling on a charcoal barbecue.
- While grilling continuously baste squid with sauce until cooked. (Cook squid quickly on high heat, it might take 2-5 minutes on each side depending on the size of squid, do not overcook otherwise it will be tough)