Beef Carpaccio is a dish made out of raw beef that is thinly sliced or pounded, seasoned with spices then served with parmesan shavings.
- 100g beef tenderloin, sliced thinly and pounded (please see notes on the easy way to do this)
- handful of mixed greens
- Dijon mustard
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Shaved Parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
- Mix together 2 parts mustard with 1 part viniagrette, set aside.
- Season beef with salt and freshly groubd black pepper
- Place on a chilled plate then drizzle some dressing on top.
- Place mixed greens and parmesan shavings on top then serve.
Tip on slicing beef carpaccio: Wrap the tenderloin in plastic wrap and place in the freezer until frozen (around 1.5 hours), remove from freezer then slicing it thinly would be easy. Now place each thin slices in between plastic wraps and getrly pound until it becomes paper thin.