- 1 kg fresh New Zealand mussels
- 5 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp salted black beans
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 4 pcs dried red chillies, chopped
- 1/4 cup Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- juice from 1 small lemon
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- handful coriander, chopped
- peanut oil
- In a pot place the mussels and 1 cup of water, cover and cook in high heat until shells open. Once cooked remove the mussels then set aside, reserve the liquid as well.
- In a wok add oil then stir fry garlic, red onion, ginger paste, dried red chillies, black beans and spring onions for 2 minutes
- Add the mussels and capsicum and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add wine, 1/3 cup of reserved liquid, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil stir fry until sauce thickens.
- Add lemon juice and coriander then serve.