- 2 pcs courgettes
- 1 pc eggplant
- 2 red capsicums
- 6 cloves garlic
- 6 pcs large tomatoes
- 1 medium red onion, unpeeled
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- pinch of cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- eggs, fried sunny side up
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Grill courgettes, eggplant, capsicum, onion and tomatoes until soft and charred. Charcoal grill works best.
- Remove the seeds and slice the capsicums, Trim and cut vegetables into small pieces, mince the grilled garlic. Do also remove heavy charred skins from vegetables.
- In a pan heat olive oil then add onions and garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add eggplants and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables then simmer 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare your eggs, place pisto on plate then serve with eggs on top.