Lasagna is an Italian pasta dish made out of different layers of wide flat pasta, Béchamel Sauce (cheese sauce), and a meat sauce.
- 350g minced beef
- 350g minced pork
- 100g bacon, chopped
- 1 red large onion, chopped
- 10 large tomatoes chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small tub tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cup beef stock
- handful of chopped basil leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 tbsp butter
- 5 tbsp plain flour
- 800ml milk
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 box Instant Lasagne sheets
- In a pan add oil and brown bacon,
- Add onions and garlic, stir until onions are soft and cooked.
- Add mince pork and beef continuously stirring until brown.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and beef stock. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, basil, oregano then season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a pot then stir in flour.
- Continue stirring while gradually pouring milk.
- Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Continue stirring until sauce becomes smooth and thick
- Preheat oven at 180C.
- In a baking dish (13 x 9), cover the base with meat sauce.
- Place lasagne sheets, then the meat sauce, then béchamel sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat this 3 times creating 3 layers of pasta with sauce.
- On the top most layers sprinkle a good amount of parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until cooked.
Anlupit mo talaga kumuha….. Pwede ba ko magpapicturr sayo na “redwine” lang ang suot ko….. Hahahaha
Brilliant recipe! I haven’t made lasagne for a while.
You’ve got me drooling! I am so craving for lasagna right now… Gotta squeeze some time and make this during the weekend!
What a beautiful lasagna shot – very talented with cooking and photography 😀
Choc Chip Uru
I love this lasagna. I love the combination of pork, beef and bacon. Whenever I make mine, I usually stick with either ground beef, ground turkey or both. I’m definitely going to give your recipe a go though! It looks and sounds very tantalizing.
My family always did marinara, as many Italians do. But your bechamel looks great. I know there are two schools of thought, at least, on this one.
Incredible great ideal, it look so yummy, I will try soon, thanks
Lasagna is my ideal comfort food, I like that you added bacon too!
Like Greg we usually do a marinara sauce with our lasagna (just had lasagna the other night in fact). This looks really good though and I’m not sure I’ve tried a lasagna with a bechamel sauce.
Your lasagna just looks so perfect and so delicious. I truly think its calling me 🙂
This is a great lasagne.. I have not made it in a while either! Your shot looks fantastic mine always goes so gooey!! c
Mmmm the ultimate comfort food I love lasagna for how many variations you can do!
I’ve never had a version that has both bechemel and a meat sauce?! I’ve obviously been missing out – this looks tasty