Camaron Rebosado is a seafood dish made out of deep fried battered shrimps served with sweet chilli or sweet and sour sauce.
- 500g shrimps or prawns, peeled
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Marinate shrimps in lemon, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a bowl mix together baking powder, 1 cup flour, fish sauce, water and egg.
- Prepare a wok, fill with oil then heat it up.
- Place remaining flour in a plate, dip shrimps flour first then in batter, deep fry shrimps until golden. Place in a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Transfer to a clean plate then serve with sweet chilli sauce.