Stir Fried French Beans, Carrots and Pork
Since most of you guys had started to recognize my stir-fries lets do another one or better yet let’s do it for this whole week, what do you think?
Well let’s start this week with this recipe which only consists of 3 main ingredients namely French beans, carrots and guess what? Pork belly of course. This dish is then flavoured with pork fat from the belly, soy sauce and a bit of brown sugar which gives it a bit of contrasting and rich flavours which is good to pair with freshly steamed rice.
300g French beans, sliced
300g pork belly, cubed in small pieces
1 large carrot, sliced
1 large white onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp soy sauce (adjust according to saltiness of soy sauce, I used the Philippine soy sauce if you can’t find it use Kikkoman)
2 tsp brown sugar
1 cup water
freshly ground black pepper
- Marinate pork pieces in salt and pepper for at least 30 minutes.
- In a wok under high heat add water and pork, cover wok then bring to a boil. Reduce liquid until it is roughly 1/2 cup, separate liquid from pork then set the stock aside. Continue to cook the pork until it releases its own oil (this is why we need belly as it has a high fat content), cook until brown and crispy on the outside.
- Add garlic and onion then stir fry for 2 minutes in medium heat.
- Now bring heat to high then add French beans and carrots then continue to stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Still on high heat Add soy sauce and sugar, stir fry continuously until it dries out then add the 1/2 cup of stock from boiling the meat and stir fry for 1 more minute.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper then serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice.