- 2–3 pcs medium milkfish (skin on), butterflied
- 2 small whole garlic, pounded with skin on
- 1 tsp roughly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups coconut vinegar or cane vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 pcs dried bay leaves
- Mix all ingredients except for the fish in a bowl.
- Place fish in a wide shallow pan and pour the vinegar marinade. Make sure that the fish is covered well with the marinade. Cover the pan and marinate for at least 24 hrs.
- Before cooking, drain fish thoroughly in a wire rack (it’s better if you sun dry it for 6 hrs.), you can also use serviettes to pat dry the fish.
- Once dry you can start to fry in medium heat uncovered for around 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
To make it even crispy, you can sun dry the fish for 6 hours before pan frying
I think this is so crunchy? love it
with pulang itlog, perfect!
Ulam namin kahapon to ha… Daingsilog naman sakin…
these look fantastic, are you able to find all these ingredients in NZ?.. c
This is a new discovery and sure when I see the dipping sauce, I knew at once my type of fish recipe.
I like the sound of vinegar and garlic with fish. I’ve never tried that before. I’ll have to keep my eyes open for milk fish or mullet. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen either.
Wow back in Greece we also have sudried fish but we live them way longer period in the sun. I love this recipe, I have all the ingredients, but I’ll have to wait for some sun!
This is the first time I’ve ever heard of milkfish. Just never heard of it. But it certainly looks good
Wow this looks absolutely perfect!!!
I have not tried milkfish yet but will for sure look out for.
I can’t wait to try this, it’s a new way of cooking fish for me! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Hmmm, I’ve never heard of milkfish OR mullet- around here, a mullet is a haircut haha!
I had milkfish once here in the US at a filippino restaurant and it was definitely the best dish I had there!
Perfect for Pinoy breakfast!
This is a very new dish to me and looks amazing!
never had daing bangus yet. ever. i like cooking daing with tomatoes. yum yum
I would love this. Any type of fried fish I would love. My favorite is a fish we call Kingfish. Yummy!
Awesome daing na bangus recipe! This would be perfect to cook for the weekends in our backyard.
the other way of cooking bangus other than daing na bangus that I like is paksiw. Both are delicious