Mixed Berries Cheesecake
For those who haven’t been to Taste It My Way, Its a food blog created by Chef Gary from Aventura, Florida, its a blog that contains easy to understand and well described recipes, thoughtful insights and techniques, culinary information, local Miami restaurant reviews. He is now featuring Guest’s and Experts section and I am really honoured to be a part of it specially when the other experts are real chefs. So what are you waiting for read my article there as well as the other great articles that this site got to offer.
Happy Valentines to everyone!
by the way I entered this recipe on February blog hop hosted on Recipe Lion, so if you have time please vote for it. Thats the 25th item on the list.
- 1½ cup crushed graham crackers or malt crackers
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 3 punnets strawberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 3 packs cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups thickened cream or whipped cream, chilled
- 4 tsp unflavoured gelatine
- 2 tbsp hot water
- Combine all ingredients and make sure it’s mixed well and butter is evenly spread throughout the crushed crackers, press it in a 9 in pie pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 10 minutes (this makes the crust more firm, but you can omit this process if you wanted to)
- Chill in fridge for around 20 minutes.
- Place ½ cup of blueberry, ½ cup of raspberries, 2 punnets of strawberries and all other ingredients in a saucepan and cook in medium heat until all berries have broken down. Using a hand blender blend the berry sauce until smooth in texture, cook for 5 more minutes.
- Set aside and let it cool down before using.
- Place softened cream cheese in a bowl together with sugar and vanilla extract, now using an electric mixer beat the cheese until thoroughly mixed.
- Dissolve gelatine in hot water then let it cool for a while. Once cooled down add into the cream cheese mixture, continue to beat until mixture becomes fluffy.
- Now add thickened cream and fold until it’s evenly mixed.
- Pour over the prepared crust.
- Then top it with the berry sauce and remaining mixed berries. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.