Before I had posted a dish called Beef Sopas and now will be making the more popular version of this soup which is the Chicken Sopas. Sopas as I had mentioned is a Tagalog word for soup and it had originated from the Western Chicken Soup and like chicken soup it contains chicken, noodles and vegetables the difference is the amount of those ingredients where Filipinos tend to use more noodles and lesser vegetables (mostly carrots) and in most cases none. Soup is flavoured and coloured with milk as opposed to turmeric.
My daughter loves this lot and every time I ask her what she wants for next week’s menu, she would definitely include this always, so if you have kids try this at home as they will definitely like it. A very hearty soup which is recommended during cold days or to give relief to sick people. Best enjoyed on its own or with bread.
2 1/2 cups macaroni
1 1/2 cup cooked chicken, flaked
1 carrot, chopped into small cubes
6 boiled eggs
6 cups chicken stock
1 large can evaporated milk
1 large white onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic
freshly ground black pepper
- In a pot melt butter then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add macaroni pasta and chicken stock, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add chopped carrots, chicken flakes simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk and boiled eggs simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.