Thai Style Stir Fried Beef
With Thai food I guess you won’t be wrong as most of them taste really good, I might be a bit biased here as I like Asian as well as spicy dishes but who does not. I guess another reason for me loving their dishes is that most of their dishes are nearly the same as the Philippine native dishes (not the Spanish inspired ones) and the only difference is the chillies that they add, so my taste buds just naturally agrees what I am feeding them. I remember when I went for a vacation before in Thailand I was surprised with what the street vendors are selling as they are nearly the same stuff we see in the streets of Metro Manila, things such as raw mango in salt but in Thailand it’s with chilli salt, chargrilled dried squid in vinegar dip but in Thailand its chargrilled with a very hot and spicy coating, tamarind candy which we dip usually in sugar but in Thailand they dip it in sugar with chilli, the list goes on; even in McDonalds or Burger King instead of catsup they serve everything with a chilli sauce condiment.
For this post since most of the Asian stir fries nearly taste alike I will make this dish Thai inspired to be different, so I will be using dried chillies and Thai Sweet Chill sauce as the base. A really quick and easy dish to make which will be ready before your rice cooks!
500g Beef Tenderloin, sliced thinly
15 pcs young corn, cut in half
1 large carrot, sliced
100g sweet peas
1 large red onion, sliced
6 cloves garlic
1 tsp ginger paste
2 tbsp Thai chilli sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
6 pcs dried red chillies
freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, marinate beef in salt and freshly ground black pepper then set aside.
- Place a wok in high heat then add peanut oil, once smoking sauté garlic, onions, chillies and ginger.
- Now add the beef and young corn and continue to stir fry in high heat for 3 minutes.
- Now add carrots and sweet peas and continue to stir fry for 2 more minutes, sprinkle some water to give it moisture.
- Now add soy sauce, Thai chilli sauce and fish sauce, continue to stir fry for 1 more minute.
- Season with black pepper and serve with hot jasmine rice.