Yema is a type of candy made out of egg yolks, condensed milk and crushed peanuts cooked to form a firm custard shaped in a pyramid or spherical manner then wrapped in colourful cellophane.
- 1 can condensed milk
- 8 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped peanuts,
- 2 tbsp butter
- Melt butter in sauce pan then pour condensed milk, cook in low heat for 5 minutes
- Add egg yolks while continuously mixing for 2 minutes
- Add peanuts, bring heat to medium then continue to stir for 20 minutes or until mixture becomes very thick.
- Remove from heat and let it cool. Once cooled down pinch a small ball from the mixture then shape them into pyramids or balls and wrap them with cellophane.