Bicol Express is a dish from the Philippine province of Bicol made with pork and chillies cooked in a coconut gravy sauce with fermented shrimp paste, known for its spicy and creamy taste.
- In a pan sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the pork belly stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the 2 cups of coconut milk and bagoong then bring to a boil and simmer in medium heat for 20 minutes or until the coconut milk had reduced to a thick oily gravy.
- Add the chillies and add the remaining cup of coconut milk and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with red chillies