Calamares is the Filipino version of deep fried battered squid rings served with tomato sauce mayonnaise dip.
- 500 g squid tubes, cut into rings
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a bowl combine together eggs, fish sauce and squid, let it marinate for at least an hour.
- In a separate bowl with cover combine flour, cornstarch, cayenne and freshly ground pepper
- Place the coated squid one by one on the bowl with the flour mixture, cover and shake until coated evenly
- In a pot heat oil in a high temperature and deep fry the squid, fry only for a maximum of 2 minutes otherwise it will have a rubbery texture.