- day old cooked rice, about 3 bowls
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced
- 1 piece small salted fish (haam yu)
- 2 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 6 pcs lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp corn starch
- peanut oil
- In a bowl mix sesame oil, cooking wine, light soy sauce and corn starch. Add chicken then let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Cut the salted fish into very small pieces then set aside.
- Add oil in a wok then set heat on high, add chicken then cook for 2 minutes while continuously stir frying. Remove chicken then set it aside.
- Add oil if needed into the wok then add the fish, ginger and garlic, stir fry for 15 seconds.
- Add rice to the wok then stir fry until fish is evenly mixed.
- Place rice on the side of the wok making an open space on the middle of the wok. Add the eggs then once cooked incorporate it with the rice.
- Add spring onions and cooked chicken then stir fry for around 5 minutes. Season with salt, turn heat of then add the chopped lettuce.