Longaniza is a type of Spanish sausage popular in countries like Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Philippines, Puerto Rico and Spain, this sausage is nearly similar to chorizo but each country mentioned prepares it differently according to available local ingredients.
- 1kg minced pork (30% fat)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 whole garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp annatto powder
- In a large bowl mix together soy sauce, vinegar and annatto powder.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients then mix.
- Prepare some wax paper measuring 4″ x 4″ or similarly sized as the small spring roll wrappers.
- Place 2 tablespoon of the meat mixture into the paper then roll.
- When ready to cook carefully remove from wax paper then pan fry with small amount of oil in low heat.
You can omit the wax paper rolling and just shape them by hand if needed, the wax paper rolling just ensure that each sausage is evenly sized.