Peaches and Cream Cheese muffin is a type of muffin flavoured with peach and filled with a soft and warm cream cheese in the middle, this one of my favourite muffin variety. I still remember my first time trying this muffin variety and it was here in New Zealand, it was so unforgettable as every bite was delicious specially the middle part where it is creamy and warm, too bad the one I had don’t have enough of that cream cheese goodness.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 65g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar + some for topping
- 2 eggs
- 1 large can peach slices, roughly chopped plus extra peach slices for topping (topping optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 small tub apricot yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp zest of lemon
- cream cheese
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- In a large bowl beat butter and caster sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, sour cream and yoghurt.
- Stir lemon zest and peaches.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt then stir mixture gently with the butter egg mixture to combine.
- Place a large spoonful of the batter into a greased muffin pan then place a heaping tablespoon of cream cheese, top it with the batter until the muffin pan is filled.
- Combine all crusty toppings together and mix until it resemble coarse crumbs then sprinkle some on top of the batter. Top it with a slice of peach.
- Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.