Max’s Style Fried Chicken is a type of Filipino Fried Chicken dish created by the first owners of the restaurant Max, made by cooking the chicken twice, first by steaming it then deep frying to achieve a nice crisp thin layer of chicken skin with very juicy insides.
- 4 large chicken thighs
- 1 whole garlic, pounded
- 6 pcs dried bay leaves
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 litre warm water
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Mix together water, salt and sugar in a large container. Mix until sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Place chicken in the brine mixture then refrigerate for 6 hours.
- In a steamer add around 4 cups of water, bay leaves, garlic and parsley.
- Place the steamer rack the steam the chicken for 45 minutes.
- Remove and let the chicken cool down for two hours by placing it in the refrigerator.
- Using a deep fryer or a large pot with enough oil, deep fry the chicken for around 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from fryer then place on a wire rack to let the oil drip then serve.