- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- oil for deep frying
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- Combine karioka ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Once it forms a dough shape it into small balls roughly the same size of fish ball then set them aside.
- Heat enough oil in a wok for deep frying then once oil is hot drop shaped dough into the wok one by one, deep fry until golden brown in colour.
- Remove the balls, set aside and let it drain in a wire rack.
- Place all glaze ingredients in a sauce pan then mix well, cook in medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Drop Karioka balls in the glaze to coat them. Once all coated place them in skewers then serve while hot.