- 12 medium sized shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves, chopped
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 10 pcs Thai basil
- 6 pcs rice wrappers
- 2 stalks spring onions, sliced
- small pack of rice vermicelli
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sugar or palm sugar
- Mix together all sauce ingredients then set aside.
- Cook rice vermicelli according to packet instruction, drain then set aside.
- In a sauce pan add 1 cup of water with garlic, cayenne and salt bring to a boil then drop shrimps. Once cooked drain then cut in half then set aside.
- Prepare a pan with warm water then fully dip each rice wrapper then place on a plate. Place on top of wrapper in layers basil, shrimp, carrots, vermicelli, spring onions, cilantro and lettuce. Fold wrapper ends in then roll into a tight log.
- Serve with dipping sauce.