Pulled pork is dish where pork is cooked in low heat in long periods making the pork meat “pulled” apart or easily broken down into smaller pieces due to its tenderness
- 800 g pork shoulder, cubed (get the fatty one)
- 1 can root beer
- 1/2 to 1 cup smoked barbecue sauce (adjust to suit your taste)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- bread of your choice
- In a pot heat oil and sauté garlic and onions.
- Add pork and brown on all sides.
- Remove everything from the pot and transfer it in a slow cooker, pour root beer and barbecue sauce then cook for 6 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker and place on a pot, then cook until liquid is in a very thick consistency or nearly dried. Use fork to loosen meat into threads.
- Serve with your favourite bread.