- 250g white fish meat (grouper and snapper works well), cut into small cubes
- 250g pork belly with fat on, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup cane vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced ginger
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green chillies, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl mix together 1/2 cup of vinegar and fish meat, let it soak for at least 5 minutes. Drain fish meat in a colander then give it a light squeeze to further drain liquid from the fish.
- Mix together remaining vinegar, lemon juice, ginger, onion, garlic, chillies, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place vinegar sauce and fish on a covered container then refrigerate for at least 4 hours to a maximum of 6 hours.
- While waiting for the fish to marinate, place pork pieces in a small pot with salt, freshly ground black pepper and 1 cup of water. Turn on heat on medium and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from pot then drain well, let it cool buy placing it on a freezer for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a wok with enough oil for deep frying the meat, turn heat on high and when the oil is ready drop the cold cooked meat. Cook until it becomes crispy this might take less than 2 minutes. Drain the set aside.
- Remove fish from the fridge, mix in the crispy pork pieces then serve with ice-cold beer!