- 350g pork belly
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated and sliced
- 2 pcs Chinese sausages, sliced
- 2 tbsp dried shrimps (hibe)
- 2 cups glutinous rice, soaked for 1 hour
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 bunch mustard leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups water, optionally you can use the water for rehydrating mushrooms
- In a wok heat oil and sauté garlic, add pork and stir fry until browned on all sides.
- Pour soy sauce, vinegar and 1 cup of water, bring to a boil and simmer until sauce is reduced half of its amount.
- Add sugar, ginger, Chinese sausages, dried shrimps, freshly ground black pepper, salt and shiitake mushroom. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Place everything in a rice cooker together with rice, 2 cups of the remaining water, give it a good mix and press cook.
- Once it is boiling add the mustard leaves and give it a good mix. Continue until rice cooker goes to warm mode.