- 2 pcs large squid, cleaned
- 300g minced pork
- 1 medium carrot, diced into small cubes
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp flour + some for dusting
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 piece egg, beaten
- cooking oil
- Season squid with salt, freshly ground black pepper and lemon juice and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- In a wok add oil then sauté garlic, onion, celery, and tomato.
- Add minced pork and cook until colour turns light brown.
- Add carrots and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp flour, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook until mixture gets sticky.
- Remove minced meat mixture from heat and let it cool.
- Place the mixture inside the squid and secure ends with toothpicks.
- Dip the squid in beaten egg then dredge in flour.
- Heat up another wok; add oil and shallow fry squid for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from wok, slice horizontally then serve.