I guess Ratatouille became really popular because of the animated movie by Pixar, but do you know what this dish actually is? For those who does not know it is a vegetable stew that originated in Nice, France.
- 2 pcs courgettes, sliced
- 2 pcs eggplant, sliced
- 8 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped oregano 1 tsp sugar
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a pot add oil and saute garlic and onions in medium heat until onions turn soft and transparent.
- Add tomatoes and continue to stir until tomatoes are soft.
- Add courgettes, eggplant and red capsicum cook for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, oregano, basil and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.