- Combine 2 cups coconut milk, evaporated milk, cornstarch, sugar, corn kernels and creamed corn in a mixing bowl and stir thoroughly; it should be free of lumps
- Place in a large sauce pan and cook while stirring constantly over low heat until thick, this will take around 25 minutes.
- Pour into small mould containers. Cool, then refrigerate until firm.
- In a separate sauce pan add the remaining coconut milk then boil, simmer in medium heat until it starts to become coconut oil, at this point lower the heat and continue stirring until latik forms, that’s the brown residue that forms when oil is separated from the liquid. Continue until no liquid is left apart from the oil. Separate oil and residue (latik).
- Once maja is stiff, slice in cubes then top each with latik.