Beef Sopas is Filipino recipe of beef noodle soup prepared with cubed beef pieces cooked with carrots and macaroni in a creamy soup of beef stock and milk.
- 2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups beef cheeks, diced
- 250 g canned corned beef
- 6 cups beef stock
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp rubbed thyme
- 1/2 tsp rubbed basil
- In a pot sauté onion and garlic in butter.
- Add beef and brown on all sides.
- Add beef stock, carrots, corned beef and bring to a boil then simmer for 40 minutes or until beef is tender. Check for liquid levels and add water if necessary,
- Add macaroni, rubbed basil and rubbed thyme then simmer for additional 15 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk, bring to a boil and turn off heat, don’t let the milk curdle.
- Season with salt and pepper