Leche Flan, caramel custard or crème caramel is one of the all-time favourite dessert in the Philippines, it is made of baked or steamed mixture eggs yolks, milk and sugar
- 1 large can evaporated milk
- 1 large can condensed milk
- 10 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- Using aluminium moulds, add sugar and water, bring it to a boil and cook until it caramelizes. Set the moulds aside and let the caramel cool.
- In a mixing bowl add evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla then mix well.
- Pour mixture over moulds until its 1 1/2 inch thick.
- Cover the moulds with an aluminium foil then steam for 30-35 minutes.
- Let it cool then refrigerate. Remove from moulds then serve cold.